My Guide Website?
Full-Day Vienna Woods Wine Tasting Tour
, Vienna https://www.myguidevienna.com/events/full-day-vienna-woods-wine-tasting-tour
Vienna: Full-Day Vienna Woods Wine Tasting Tour
- Travel with a dedicated, English-speaking hiking and wine guide
- Visit a local winery and experience an extensive and intimate wine tasting
- Walk 9 km and enjoy 360-degree views over the Vienna Basin (summer tour)
- Discover gorgeous landscapes and unique, indigenous grape varieties and wines
DescriptionLower Austria is the cradle of Austrian viticulture, and this private wine tasting tour is your chance to visit the area's beautiful forests and vineyards of the Thermal Region, just south of Vienna. Take a 30-minute train ride to the heart of the Vienna Woods for a wine-filled day. Summer (April-October) Your summer tour will begin with a hike in the spa town of Baden, which was once a favorite country retreat of Beethoven. From there you will walk along forest trails towards a magnificent elevated viewpoint overlooking the Vienna Basin in all directions. This spot alone is a photographer's dream. Continue the trip by entering the neighboring vineyards, wandering through row upon row of lush green vines. Winter (November-March) Your train will bring you directly to the vineyards of one of Austria’s oldest wine-making institutions, steeped in middle-age tradition and history. While there, learn about how the monastic orders became wine pioneers of their time and their influence on Austrian viticulture. Sample a glass of local sekt (sparkling wine) to toast your arrival to Austrian wine country. The afternoon segment of both the winter and summer tours will be the same. You will continue to the picturesque wine village of Gumpoldskirchen for lunch at a traditional Austrian wine tavern. From there, you'll visit a local winery to enjoy an extensive wine tasting featuring the region's specialty wines, and to ask questions to local experts about modern-day wine making. Your tour later concludes with a short train ride back to the city center, just in time for your evening schedule.
IncludesLive tour commentary provided in English by an Austrian wine expert Extensive wine tasting and Q&A in Gumpoldskirchen, led by a local winemaker 9 kilometer guided forest and vineyard hike (Apr-Oct) Visit to Austria's second-oldest winery (Nov-Mar) Round-trip train fare to/from the Vienna Woods from Vienna's 'Wien Mitte' station
- Wear comfortable footwear in summer, consisting of either trainers or sturdier hiking shoes
- Please dress according to the weather, and bring a rucksack and drinking water
- While most of the winter itinerary is indoors, there's a gentle 20-minute walk through the vineyards as we move between villages
- This experience requires reasonable weather, if it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Please bring a mask for use on the train, as Vienna still has a mask requirement for its public transport
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€149.00Buy Tickets!