My Guide Website?
From Vienna: Day Trip to Salzburg with 'Sound of Music' Tour2 Reviews
Visit some 'The Sound of Music' film locations in and around Salzburg on this day trip by bus from Vienna. Discover sights like Salzburg Fortress and Nonnberg Chapel on a guided walking tour.
- Stop a Leopoldskron castle to view the filming location of the Trapp family home
- Uncover the history of the Trapp family with live commentary during the drive
- Follow your guide past highlights like Leopoldskron castle and Nonnberg Chapel
- Feel the romance of the real Trapp family at the chapel where they were married
- Make your own music as you sing along with other 'The Sound of Music' fans
DescriptionStep into the magic of the film 'The Sound of Music' this day trip from Vienna to Salzburg. Hear live commentary about the Trapp family aboard the airconditioned bus. Stop by sights iconic sights from the film like Leopoldskron castle and the Felsenreitschule theater. Board the comfortable bus outside the Vienna State Opera and relax on the drive as you hear facinating background information about the life of the Trapp family. Stop in Hellbrunn, where you can admire the original pavilion from the film during a walk. Continue to see the outside of the Leopoldskron castle and its tranquil pond which was used as part of the Trapp family home in the film. View the church where the Trapps were actually married at Nonnberg Chapel. Stroll through the streets of Salzburg and see the large medieval fortress of Hohen Salzburg. Finally, reach the Felsenreitschule theater in the center of Salzburg where your guided walk ends. Enjoy free time in the city of Salzburg to explore at your own pace. Sing a song or two from the cult film in the bus on the way back to your drop-off point at the the Vienna State Opera house.
IncludesTransfer to/from Vienna Guide Salzburg walking tour
- This tour takes place rain or shine