My Guide Website?
Melk, Hallstatt, and Salzburg Private Tour from Vienna9 Reviews
Journey back in time on a day trip to the historic cities of Melk, Hallstatt, and Salzburg from Vienna. Get to know more about the culture and natural history of Lower Austria, see the house where Mozart was born, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the city of Melk in Lower Austria
- Discover the birthplace of Mozart in Salzburg
- Get stunning views of the lakes of Lower Austria
DescriptionDepart Vienna and travel to the historic city of Melk in Lower Austria. See the Benedictine abbey that contains the tomb of St. Coloman of Stockerau, along with the remains of several members of the House of Babenberg, the first dynasty of Austria. Go to the top of the abbey to get a great view of Melk and its surrounding gardens. Continue further into the Lake District and drive through the beautiful towns of the Wachau Valley, such as Bad Ischl. Stop in Hallstatt, famous for its salt production dating back to prehistoric times and a cultural heritage that links some of the oldest civilizations of Europe. Move on to the birthplace of Mozart in the beautiful city of Salzburg. Admire the historic Hohensalzburg Fortress atop the Festungsberg, and discover the busy shopping street of Getreidegasse, with the house where Mozart was born at number 9. Return to Vienna or get the option to stay in Salzburg and explore independently.
IncludesPrivate driver/guide (if option selected) Hotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by private vehicle, depending on option booked
- This product is not available less than 48 hours before the tour date
- You can book a tour for a maximum of 3 people with a driver to take you places, show you where to go, and wait for you at a designated point. Transportation is by sedan-style car. If you are a group of 3 people you might have limited space. Book a tour for 4 to 8 people and transportation is by minivan. Groups of 3 or less can also book this option if they would prefer more space. A fully guided tour for 1 to 3 people can be arranged with a driver/guide who will take to all the places, show you around, and tell you the history. Transportation is by sedan-style car only