My Guide Website?
Vienna: 2-Hour Historical Sightseeing Tour222 Reviews
Learn more about the history of Vienna on this 2-hour walking tour. Listen to humorous, fictional, and true stories about the city as you walk along the streets. Experience yourself why Vienna is known as one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Learn all about Vienna, one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Discover interesting facts from your knowledgeable tour guide
- See the Austrian National Library with its state room
- Admire the church where many Habsburg weddings were held
- See the Albertina, home to the largest graphical collection in the world
- Stop at the Monument Against War and Fascism
- Learn about the Imperial Crypt, the resting place of the Habsburgs since 1619
- Marvel at the Providentia Fountain
- See St. Stephen's Cathedral
DescriptionLearn all about one of the most beautiful cities in the world on this walking tour in Vienna. The tour starts with Roman Vienna and the question of why a castle was built here. Visit St. Michael's Church, Vienna's third oldest church with a combination of 3 different architectural styles. Learn all about the Hofburg Palace and the significance of the huge grounds covering 555,000 m². You will also discover details about the most important rulers in the city. Be impressed by the size of Heroes' Square and what lies behind the facades. Discover why any trip to Vienna should include a visit to the Imperial Treasury, what there is to see in the city, and things that you probably would have missed without your tour guide. As you walk past the Austrian National Library with its state room, you will find out what the symbol on the roof means and why the square is named after Emperor Joseph II. Visit the church where many Habsburg weddings took place (closed on Sundays and public holidays) and discover why the groom was not even present at some weddings. However, the city's history has also seen some dark times. As you walk past the Albertina and the Monument Against War and Fascism, you will be confronted with the horrors of the Second World War. You will also stop at the State Opera and find out why the Hotel Sacher now stands in place of the Carinthian Gate Theatre. You will be surprised about what anecdotes there are on the Providentia Fountain at Neuer Markt and on the Habsburg burial ritual in the Imperial Crypt. The walking tour ends at St. Stephen's Cathedral, the landmark of Vienna. Hear about its partial destruction during the Second World War and find out why not everything taught in school is correct.
IncludesLocal tour guide Entrance fees
- This tour takes place in all weather conditions
- This tour is given in German
- This tour is conducted in a small group
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now