My Guide Website?
Vienna: Kunsthistorisches Museum Highlight Tour
Discover masterpieces by artists from Breugel to Rubens, Titian and Rembrandt on this 2 to 2.5 hour tour of Vienna's renowned Kunsthistorisches Museum.
- Skip-the-line and join no more than 15 guests on a guided tour
- Discover some of the worlds most famous painters from Raphael and Rembrandt to Vermeer and Rubens
- Marvel at Caravaggio’s “Crowning with the Thorns” amongst others
- Explore some of the Museum’s rarest and oddest items
DescriptionVienna’s world-famous Kunsthistorisches Museum is an architectural marvel and is a must-see for any art lover visiting Vienna. The museum developed from the art collections of the House of Habsburg and hosts a unique collection of some of the world’s most famous painters from Raphael and Rembrandt to Vermeer and Rubens and, of course, Peter Breughel the Elder. Skip-the-line and join no more than 15 guests on a guided 2 to 2.5 hour tour of two of the museum’s key exhibitions. From Peter Breughel’s “Tower of Babel” to Vermeer’s “The Art of Painting” you will become acquainted with the old masters at the museum’s picture gallery. You will also see some of the Museum’s rarest and oddest items at the Kunstkammer exhibit, like the golden “Saliera” by Celini and the “Madonna of Krumau”. After the tour you are free to stay at the museum to explore the remaining exhibits, including those covering ancient Greek, Roman and Egyptian art. Highlights generally include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored, etc.): • Ruben’s “Assumption” • Caravaggio’s “Crowning with the Thorns” • Breughel’s “Tower of Babel” • Vermeer’s “The Art of Painting” • Albrecht Durer’s “Avarice” • Raphael’s “Madonna of the Meadow” • Rembrandt’s “Self Portrait”
IncludesSmall-group museum tour Group size is never more than 15 guests max Professional tour guide Entrance fees
- • This tour requires a minimum of 2 travellers. If the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund • Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for people with mobility impairments or wheelchair users • It is permitted to take photos without flash in the museum
- All guests aged 0 to 18 must bring their valid photo ID to prove their age at security check • Umbrellas, backpacks, and raincoats must be left in the cloakroom and may not be taken into the museum