My Guide Website?
Vienna: Local Wine Tasting in a Historic Roman Wine Cellar65 Reviews
Descend into a hidden and non-public wine cellar — with roots dating back to the Romans — for an exclusive guided tasting of typical Viennese wines and regional delicacies.
- Taste 3 typical Viennese and Austrian wines in a family atmosphere
- Learn all about Viennese wines and local culture from a private wine expert
- Get access to a hidden non-public wine cellar and hear about Roman history
- Top it off with a tasting of Austrian delicacies made by regional producers
DescriptionSince time immemorial, around 700 hectares of wine have been cultivated within Vienna's urban area. The roots of viticulture here go as far back as the Romans, who populated the city two thousand years ago. But what exactly is left of the former empire in Vienna today and how is that related to Viennese wine? Get to the bottom of these questions in the truest sense of the word with a guided wine tasting in the city's deepest and non-public wine cellar. A professional wine expert will lead you into the cellar to taste three different wines. The wines range from classic Viennese wines to other Austrian wines, which will, of course, be paired with a small snack from the in-house, family-owned delicatessen.
IncludesPrivate guided 3-wine tasting Regional delicacies Exclusive access to a hidden non-public wine cellar
- You'll also have the opportunity to shop for wine and delicacies