My Guide Website?
Vienna: Skip-the-line Imperial Treasury Private Guided Tour
Take a guided tour of the Imperial Treasury and discover the collection of secular and ecclesiastical treasures from the courts of Europe. Enjoy an optional extended guided tour of the Hofburg Palace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Imperial Treasury in Vienna with a 5-Star Expert-Guide
- Avoid waiting in lines with skip-the-line tickets
- Admire the rare treasures accumulated by the Imperial House of Habsburg
- See the Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments and Silver Collection (4- and 5-hour)
- Car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3- and 5-hour )
DescriptionThe Imperial Treasury at the Hofburg Palace is considered the most important treasury in the world, containing a priceless collection of secular and ecclesiastical treasures assembled by the Imperial House of Habsburg over the centuries. On this private tour you can skip the lines and discover the history of these rare treasures with an Expert Guide. See historical symbols of power! Book a 2-hour tour of the Imperial Treasury Vienna to go on a journey through 1000 years of European history. Your Private Guide will surprise you with discoveries and insights that reveal the secrets of the Burgundian inheritance, the Holy Roman Empire and the Austrian Empire. You will follow the story of the rise and fall of the imperial House of Habsburg, one of the most prominent and important dynasties in European history. The Imperial Treasury contains symbols of power designed to attest to the political sovereignty of the Hofburg family, such as the priceless Imperial Crown and Sword of the Holy Roman Empire and the Austrian Crown Jewels. On display are also the Burgundian Treasury, Bohemian Crown Jewels, the treasury of the Order of the Golden Fleece, various valuable gems and rare treasures like the Agate bowl from Late Antiquity. Together with your Expert Guide you will discover the fascinating stories and myths surrounding each of the items. You will also take a walk around the Hofburg Palace and Heldenplatz, learning more about the imperial history of Austria. Choose the 3-hour option to book an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer and a 2-hour guided tour of the Imperial Treasury Vienna with skip-the-line tickets. Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation can save you a lot of time and effort if you're staying outside the Gothic Quarter. We will arrange a 5-Star Driver and a private car exclusively for your group to make it easier to join this tour. Book a 4-hour tour to visit the Imperial Treasury, Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments and Silver Collection at the Hofburg Palace! Skip-the-line tickets are included to save time. This extended tour allows you to dive deeper into the history of Austria and see how the imperial family lived and worked until the end of the monarchy in 1918. You will see the private apartments of Franz Joseph and Elisabeth of Bavaria, their valuable silver collection and Sisi’s personal items. Choose the 5-hour option to enjoy private car transfers with an extended 4-hour guided tour of the Imperial Treasury, Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments and Silver Collection at the Hofburg Palace. The estimated 30-minute round-trip transfer includes pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in a clean, air-conditioned car, van or minibus, depending on the size of your group.
IncludesPrivate Tour of the Imperial Treasury, Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments and Silver Collection (number of attractions depends on the option selected) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Skip-the-line tickets to the Imperial Treasury (all options) Skip-the-line tickets to Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments and Silver Collection (4 and 5-hour options only) Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (3 and 5-hour options only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour. The 2-hour tour doesn’t include private transfers and the Hofburg Palace tickets. Skip-the-line tickets offer a time slot for entry, so it's important to arrive on time. You will skip the line at the cash desk. Due to museum regulations, 1 licensed guide can lead a group of 1-14 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide. The Hofburg Silver Collection will be closed from April 1, 2023 until further notice, so you will only visit the Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments. The 3- and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round-trip transfer time between the meeting point and the accommodation address provided when booking. Transfer time can take longer or shorter depending on the distance and traffic. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. You can book a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle.