Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting200 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day small group tour that takes you to Dürnstein, Weissenkirchen, Spitz, and Melk with an expert wine connoisseur to guide you through the region's best vineyards. Taste regional wines and schnapps and sample other regional products as well.
- Visit the town of Durnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a cruise along the Danube River from Spitz to Melk
- Have lunch at a typical wine tavern
- Sample Wachau Valley wines at family-owned wineries
DescriptionExperience the stunning beauty of Austria’s most picturesque valley, noted for its spectacular white wines. The true allure of the Wachau Valley is revealed once you travel outside the city centers and onto the smaller country roads. On this full-day tour you’ll travel in a van that accommodates up to 8, and is able to maneuver the narrow roads that will take you into the heart of the Wachau Valley. Accompanied by your expert driver/guide, you’ll learn about wine-making and the fascinating history and culture of the region. During the tour you’ll taste a wide variety of the valley’s dry and fruity whites and sample other local delicacies such as the valley’s famed apricot jams and liqueurs. You’ll have free time to explore the medieval town of Dürnstein, a highlight of the region. The town is overlooked by a castle where Richard the Lionhearted was once held prisoner. Enjoy lunch in a heuriger, a traditional family-run Austrian wine tavern. Sit back as your driver takes you through quaint villages and picturesque vineyard landscapes. End the day with a 1 hour River Cruise down the Danube River from Spitz to Melk (28th April 2018 - 7th October 2018).
Includes1-hour River Cruise down the Danube River from Spitz to Melk from the 28th April 2018 to 7th October 2018 1-hour Guided Tour of Melk Abbey instead of the River Cruise from the 8th October 2018 to 30th April Transport by 8-seater Mercedes van Wine tastings at all wineries Sampling of local specialties Lunch and drinks Gratuities
- Departure time: 9:00 Duration: approximately 8 hours Days of operation: March - April: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday May - September: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays October: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays The tour departs from Franz-Josefs Kai 45, 1010 Vienna. Tours operate in all weather conditions. Book early as there only 8 seats available per tour. Tours sell out quickly! Dress comfortably for a relaxed day of wine tasting. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are recommended. You should wear warm clothing in case of cold weather, especially from October-April. There will be opportunities along the way for water bottle refills. Don’t forget to charge your camera battery!
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now