Best Balkan Restaurants in Hundertwasser Haus Area
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Vienna team
Balkan cuisine is heavily influenced by Mediterranean cuisine, but also uses its own dishes and flavors from all over the Balkan states. The combination of flavours and spices is interesting, i.e. yogurt is often used in meat based dishes!
There is a huge population in Austria from the Balkan regions and the food is growing in popularity. As we mentioned, it's more flavorful than you'd expect, the portions are bigger as well as comforting.....We suggest you give it a try during a cold winter day - you will be pleasantly surprised!
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Vienna: Melk, Hallstatt and Salzburg Private Tour
- From Vienna: Full Day Trip to Hallstatt and Salzkammergut
- Vienna: Ghosts and Legends Guided Nighttime Walking Tour
- Vienna: Budapest Day Trip
- Vienna: Sightseeing Boat Tour with Lunch