Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting
Are you a business owner in Vienna?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Vienna.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the town of Durnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a cruise along the Danube River from Spitz to Melk
- Have lunch at a typical wine tavern
- Sample Wachau Valley wines at family-owned wineries
DescriptionExperience the stunning beauty of Austria’s most picturesque valley, noted for its spectacular white wines. The true allure of the Wachau Valley is revealed once you travel outside the city centers and onto the smaller country roads. On this full-day tour you’ll travel in a van that accommodates up to 8, and is able to maneuver the narrow roads that will take you into the heart of the Wachau Valley. Accompanied by your expert driver/guide, you’ll learn about wine-making and the fascinating history and culture of the region. During the tour you’ll taste a wide variety of the valley’s dry and fruity whites and sample other local delicacies such as the valley’s famed apricot jams and liqueurs. You’ll have free time to explore the medieval town of Dürnstein, a highlight of the region. The town is overlooked by a castle where Richard the Lionhearted was once held prisoner. Enjoy lunch in a heuriger, a traditional family-run Austrian wine tavern. Sit back as your driver takes you through quaint villages and picturesque vineyard landscapes. End the day with a 1 hour River Cruise down the Danube River from Spitz to Melk (28th April 2018 - 7th October 2018).
Includes1-hour River Cruise down the Danube River from Spitz to Melk from the 28th April 2018 to 7th October 2018 1-hour Guided Tour of Melk Abbey instead of the River Cruise from the 8th October 2018 to 30th April Transport by 8-seater Mercedes van Wine tastings at all wineries Sampling of local specialties Lunch and drinks Gratuities
- Departure time: 9:00 Duration: approximately 8 hours Days of operation: March - April: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday May - September: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays October: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays The tour departs from Franz-Josefs Kai 45, 1010 Vienna. Tours operate in all weather conditions. Book early as there only 8 seats available per tour. Tours sell out quickly! Dress comfortably for a relaxed day of wine tasting. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are recommended. You should wear warm clothing in case of cold weather, especially from October-April. There will be opportunities along the way for water bottle refills. Don’t forget to charge your camera battery!
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Concert by the Vienna Baroque Orchestra
Have an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful concert halls in Vienna. Inside this incredible setting, you can enjoy listening to first-class musicians inFrom €44.00
Skip-the-Line Schoenbrunn Palace and Vienna Highlights Tour
Get a profound insight into Vienna's history, art and lifestyle while being chauffeured to the main sights in a private car. Private tour of Schoenbrunn Palace included.From €538.50
From Full-Day Kickbike Tour through Wachau
Embark on this 8-hour small group biking tour through Wachau (max. 7 people). Accompanied by a professional guide, glide over hilltops and roads of the UNESCO World Herit1 ReviewsFrom €999.00
Food Tasting Tour by Kickbike
Get an insight into life on the streets of Vienna and taste authentic street food and drinks on a unique tour by kickbike. Sample meaty delicacies and refreshments at dif1 ReviewsFrom €47.20
With its elevated position among vineyards on the edge of the Wienerwald, Krapfenwaldbad has the best views of the city. It is definetely amont the most popular public po
Badeschiff WienInner-City, Vienna
A "floating" ship restaurant, bar and nightclub - docked at the Donaukanal - in the city center! Starcook Petz is well known for his excellent kitchen - you must try the
From Schwechat Airport: 3-Hours Vienna Transit Tour
Don't waste your time waiting at the airport. Instead, be shown the most significant historical sights of Vienna.From €145.00
25 Hours Hotel - RooftopMuseum-Quarter-Area, Vienna
This is one of the coolest and most modern places in Vienna. Opened just recently, this rooftop has built a wide audience very quickly in the past months.................
Half-Day Private Walking Tour
Discover the imperial monuments and landmark sites of Vienna on a 3-hour walking tour. Go to the imperial residence of the Habsburg Empire at the Hofburg Palace, see the4 ReviewsFrom €270.00
Zanoni Ice CreamInner-City, Vienna
Ice Cream is really King in Vienna - locals love it, kids love it and it's famously good here. Brought to Vienna by Italian immigrants, locals boast that Vienna ice cream