Vienna: Melk Abbey, Wachau, Danube Valley Private Trip
Discover the most beautiful places and lanscapes of Lower Austria with a trip to Krems, Spitz, Dürnstein, and Melk with a full day private transfer.
- Experience a romantic boat cruise with gorgeous views along Danube River
- Admire the scenic beauty of the Wachau and Danube Valleys
- Visit Melk Abbey and find out fascinating history of Benedictine Monks
- See the hidden, ancient Castles like Aggstein and Hinterhaus Castle
- Explore multiple villages and discover their history
DescriptionTravel in comfort to the picturesque Wachau and Danube Valleys following the Danube River into the countryside filled with dense woodlands and rolling vineyards. Admire stunning landscapes and UNESCO World Heritage Site status, enjoying a full day trip from Vienna. Explore fabulous places and hidden gems along the way. Sightsee each different village on your own and discover beautiful sights. Stop in Krems where all looks like time has froze. Walk through Krems Old Town and see Steinertor, Rathaus, and Gozzoburg Krems. Danube River had important role as a trade and traffic route, here most of castle was built. See ancient ruins of Dürnstein Castle. According to legend, Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned, and eventually freed by his faithful minstrel Blondel. Get to the Spitz and experience a fantastic boat cruise to reach Melk. See wild Austrian landscapes while realxing relaxing. Walk to the ruins of Hinterhaus Castle dated from XI century, with some prime views of Lower Austria from the top. Walk around and explore the beautiful Abbey Park with the baroque garden pavillion. Marvel at exceptional architecture from outside and step inside the Abbey Museum, the Marble Hall, balcony, library, and church with amazing chapels and decorations. Stroll around the village and see the hidden local gem of Parish Church of Assumption of Mary, a peaceful place with nice decorations. No worries about return, sit back and relax, the driver will drop you off to your hotel in Vienna.
IncludesPrivate full day trip Sightseeing of Krems, Spitz, Dürnstein, and Melk Entrance fee to Melk Abbey 1-hour of guided walking tour in chosen language Boat trip along the Danube River (only in summer) All-day guide on board service (in fully guided options) Private transport with pick up and drop-off Professional English-German speaking driver Table reservation at local restaurant in Melk Meals and drinks at local restaurant
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Boat trip is seasonal, so it can only take place between May and October.
- In basic trips: You sightsee each city and sights on your own with instructions from your polite private driver. Only in Melk Abbey we provide you the guide with live commentary
- In fully guided tours: You have guide service whole the time
- The table reservation at local restaurant in Melk is optional. You can use it to avoid struggles with finding proper restaurant without crowds inside
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve your transport nowCheck Availability