My Guide Website?
Private Tour of Melk Abbey from Vienna by Car
Discover the secrets of Melk Abbey, its rich history, Baroque interiors and the famous library with a licensed Private Guide. Explore art, culture and nature.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Melk Abbey with a 5-Star Licensed Guide
- Learn about St. Benedictine and the monastic life in the abbey
- Visit the beautiful Library, Abbey Church, Imperial Staircase, Marble Hall
- Enjoy the Danube River cruise (9-hour option only)
- Travel from Vienna in comfort in a private vehicle
DescriptionJoin a Licensed Guide on a private tour of Melk Abbey and learn why it has been a spiritual and cultural center of Lower Austria for over 900 years. The abbey can be easily reached from Vienna thanks to a round-trip transfer direct from your accommodation in a private car instead of coach. Visit a top-ranked world heritage site and enjoy the wonders of Wachau Valley! Select the 7-hour option to book a guided tour of Melk Abbey with private transport from Vienna. Traveling by private car will be comfortable and filled with amazing views of the Danube and the Wachau Cultural Landscape. Upon arrival in Melk, a Local Guide will take you on a private tour of the historic abbey. Experience true High Baroque, discover medieval treasures, and immerse yourself in tales of the Benedictine monks as you explore the 18th century complex. You will see the Imperial Staircase and Corridor, Marble Hall, Abbey Museum, Abbey Church and the famous Library with countless medieval manuscripts. Every corner will astonish you with its beauty, from stunning frescoes to gilded details, and the view of the valley from the terrace will be amazing. After the guided tour there will be free time, so you can have lunch, visit the Northern Bastion or explore the beautiful abbey park. Select the 9-hour option to enrich your experience with a sightseeing cruise along the Danube River. This option includes tickets for a 1,5-hour cruise from Melk to Krems aboard the modern MS Austria. Along the way you will see Schloss Schönbühel, Abbey Schönbühel, blue church tower and other highlights of the Wachau Cultural Landscape, and discover interesting facts about this region thanks to the audio guide. Enjoy the views and visit the cruise restaurant to see what delicious food and wine are on the menu. Your Private Driver will be waiting for you in Krems, and drive you back to your accommodation in Vienna.
IncludesPrivate Tour of Melk Abbey from Vienna by Car with the Danube River Cruise (number of attractions depends on the option selected) Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice (in Melk Abbey only) Entrance fee to Melk Abbey, including Abbey Park Tickets for a 1,5-hour Danube River cruise with audio guide (9-hour option only) Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Vienna
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the option selected. The Danube River Cruise is not included in the 7-hour option. The guided tour only covers Melk Abbey. During transfers, a German and English speaking driver will be able to respond to your inquiries. If you book the cruise option, an English and German audio guide available on board. Abbey Park is open for visitors from April to October. Lunch can be arranged upon request. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a larger van or minibus for groups of 5 people and more. If you're traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a 5-people tour to take advantage of a larger vehicle.