My Guide Website?
Private Tour of Salzburg from Vienna by Car or Train
Enjoy the alpine scenery as you explore Salzburg with a Local Guide. See Mozart's birthplace, Cathedral, and more. Travel from Vienna by train or private car, whichever you prefer.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Salzburg’s history and culture with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Explore the Old Town and see its attractions
- Take a funicular ride to the Hohensalzburg Fortress (10,5 and 12-hour options)
- Enjoy a round-trip train journey from Vienna to Salzburg (8,5 and 10,5-hour )
- Travel directly from your accommodation Vienna in a private car (10 and 12-hour)
DescriptionSalzburg can be easily accessible by rail and car, making it an ideal destination for a day tour from Vienna. Choose your preferred mode of transport and book a private tour of this charming alpine town and its top attractions. Let us take you on an adventure! Choose the 8,5-hour tour option to travel to Salzburg by rail. Round-trip train tickets for a direct train between Salzburg and Vienna are included in this tour to make your journey easier. A Local Guide will meet you at the Salzburg Train Station and take you on a private walking tour of the Old Town. Salzburg is best known as the birthplace of Mozart and the filming location of “The Sound of Music”, but there is so much more to discover here! Take a stroll among the statues and fountains of the green gardens of Mirabell Palace, see Mozart’s former residence and birthplace, and explore Salzburg’s beautiful churches, including Salzburg Cathedral, St. Peter’s Abbey and Collegiate Church. It will be a fantastic day filled with Austrian history, culture and heritage. After the tour, the guide will escort you to the railway station, where you will board the train back to Vienna. Choose the 10-hour tour option to travel to Salzburg by private car. This option follows the same sightseeing program as the 8,5-hour option, but includes private car transfers insead of train tickets. Book this tour to enjoy the convenience of the pickup and drop-off service at your accommodation in Vienna, and travel to Salzburg in a clean, air-conditioned vehicle with a German and English speaking driver. Choose the 10,5-hour tour option to travel to Salzburg by rail and take a funicular ride to Fortress Hohensalzburg. This extended tour includes the all-inclusive skip-the-line tickets to the 11th century castle overlooking Salzburg from a hill on its outskirts. Enjoy a funicular ride high above the Baroque towers of the Old Town and discover the treasures of the Hohensalzburg Princely Chambers, Magic Theater, Fortress Museum, Rainer Regiment Museum, Marionette Museum, Armoury. The fascinating history of the fortress and the amazing views that it offers from its courtyards are not to be missed! Choose the 12-hour tour option to travel to Salzburg by private car and take a funicular ride to Fortress Hohensalzburg. This alternative tour includes private transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Vienna and a walking tour of Salzburg Old Town with skip-the-line tickets to Fortress Hohensalzburg via funicular. Travel in comfort in a private vehicle and enjoy the best of Salzburg!
IncludesPrivate Full-Day Trip from Vienna to Salzburg by Train or Car (mode of transport and number of attractions depend on the option selected) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice (in Salzburg) Skip-the-line tickets and funicular ride to the Hohensalzburg Fortress (10,5 and 12-hour options only) Round-trip train tickets from Vienna to Salzburg (8,5 and 10,5-hour options only) Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off in Vienna (10 and 12-hour options only)
- Check your email the day before the tour. All guests must provide their full name and date of birth when booking. The 8,5- and 10,5-hour options include train tickets from Vienna to Salzburg. You will meet your guide at Salzburg train station. You will receive your train tickets by email. Check your exact departure time. We recommend arriving at the train station 15 minutes early as late departure may result in cancellation of your tour. The 10- and 12-hour options include transfers from Vienna to Salzburg by private car. You will travel with a German-English speaking driver and meet the guide in Salzburg Old Town. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, or in a larger van for groups of 5+ people. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle. The extended 10,5- and 12-hour options (by train or car) include the all-inclusive tickets to the Hohensalzburg Fortress with skip-the-line access to all areas & round-trip funicular ride. Lunch can be arranged upon request.