Salzburg: Small-Group Day Trip from Vienna31 Reviews
Explore Salzburg and the beautiful lake region of the hit movie "The Sound of Music" on a 12-hour sightseeing tour from Vienna. Travel in small groups of no more than 8 people for personalized attention in alpine villages, Mozart’s birthplace and more.
- Discover the beautiful lake region of Austria and locations from 'The Sound of Music'
- Visit the charming alpine village of St. Gilgen at Lake Wolfgangsee
- See Salzburg's top attractions, including the birthplace of Mozart
- Go to Mirabell Palace, where the Do-Re-Mi song was filmed
- Discover where the Von Trapp family lived
- Enjoy round trip transportation to and from your central Vienna hotel
DescriptionSee the sights of Salzburg on a full-day tour from Vienna, with optional drop off for those who want to stay the night. Traveling in small groups of no more than 8 people, the intimate tour will take you through the breathtaking scenery of the Vienna Woods, with the peaks of the Alps in the distance, and on to the stunning Austrian lake district. Stop by picture postcard Lake Attersee and the charming alpine village of St. Gilgen at lake Wolfgangsee, a famous location in the hit movie 'The Sound of Music.' See the house where Mozart's mother was born, the baroque chapel where his grandparents married, and picturesque Mozart Square in the center of St. Gilgen. Upon arrival in Salzburg, discover Salzburg's Old Town with your guide on a leisurely walking tour. Hear intriguing stories about the city's famous inhabitants as you pass Mozart's birthplace, the colorful gardens of Mirabell Palace, the cemetery of the Abbey of St. Peter, Salzburg Cathedral, and the Archbishop’s Palace. After the walking tour treat yourself to a delicious lunch, or enjoy a quick bite at a sausage stand if your prefer. Spend the remainder of the afternoon in the Old Town to shop before you drive back to Vienna.
IncludesSmall-group or private tour (depending on option chosen) Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private tour chosen) Taxi transfer to the meeting point (up to the value of €12; if small-group tour chosen) Drop-off at accommodation in central Vienna (postcodes between 1010 and 1090) Guided tour of the lake and Salzburg Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Entrance fees Lunch Gratuities
- There is a minimum number of 2 people required for this tour to operate
- Please note that this tour is conducted in English only
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability