My Guide Website?
Tickets for the Albertina Exhibitions200 Reviews
Experience the permanent exhibition of Monet-Picasso: the only nonstop display of Modernist art in Austria. Explore the Habsburg state apartments as well as the Albertina’s diverse selection of exhibitions.
- View various temporary exhibitions of prints, drawings, and photography
- Get access to various special exhibitions with changing themes
- See famous historic rooms where the Habsburg family lived, like the Spanish Apartment, Hartmann Court, Sphinx stairs, or the Hall of Muses
- The spectacular fall exhibition: 'Basquiat' 09.09. 2022 – 08.01. 2023
DescriptionIn 2018 the Albertina Museum was named one of the Seven Urban Wonders of the World, located right in Vienna’s historic center. Its permanent display presents a survey of the most important artistic styles from French Impressionism, German Expressionism, Russian avant-garde and also an in-depth focus on Austrian art. The unique collection includes painting and drawings of Monet, Degas, Goncharova, Chagall and Kokoschka, just to name a few. The presentation is topped off by numerous chefs-d’oeuvre by Picasso, ranging from his early Cubist pictures to paintings from his experimental late period. Immerse yourself in imperial flair at the Albertina Museum: for around 100 years, the present-day museum building served as the residence of Habsburg archdukes and archduchesses. Bearing witness to this period are the 20 sumptuously decorated and painstakingly restored Habsburg State Rooms that sweep visitors away into the magnificent world of classicism with their precious wall coverings, chandeliers, fireplaces and stoves, distinctive marquetry and exquisite furniture in Louis-seize style originated from the royal French court workshops of Paris and Versailles. Browse through the collections on various topics such as the permanent collection, prints and drawings, architectural collection, photo collections, and various temporary exhibitions. Choose to add on a visit to the main Albertina Museum with a combo ticket for both venues.
IncludesAdmission ticket to the Albertina Temporary exhibition
- Please understand that staterooms are limited due to conservation reasons as well as during bad weather or special events
- Audio guides can be booked separately and are available in several languages (German, English, French, Italian, Czech, Russian, Japanese and Spanish)
- The audio guides can not be canceled. There is no guarantee for specific languages. The range of audio guides is variable depending on the time and season
- For a group larger than 15 people, the group leader receives free admission