My Guide Website?
Vienna: Day Trip to Mauthausen Concentration Camp Memorial64 Reviews
Pay a sobering visit to the Mauthausen Concentration Camp Memorial from Vienna. Explore the historic premises, visit the new museum and learn all about life in the camp in World War II and after.
- Tour Mauthausen Concentration Camp with the help of an audio guide
- Benefit from hassle-free transportation to and from Vienna
- Honor the victims of Mauthausen by visiting the Room of Names and paying your respects
- Visit the Wiener-Graben Quarry, the SS-Quarters, the prisoners' barracks and the recently re-opened Mauthausen Museum
DescriptionUpon arrival, explore the preserved historic premises of the Mauthausen Memorial at your own pace with the help of your audio guide. See the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber, and visit the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum with the Room of Names. Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history. Embark on a 2.5-hour journey from Vienna across lower Austria towards the Mauthausen Memorial in a comfortable air-conditioned tour vehicle. Listen to your guide explaining the historical context en route and learn about life at Mauthausen concentration camp before its liberation in May 1945. Mauthausen Concentration Camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labor camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen. About half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial honors the memory of those who perished here by standing as a reminder to the darkest days in Austria’s history.
IncludesEntrance to Mauthausen Memorial & Museum Scenic drive across Lower Austria to Mauthausen Memorial Self-guided tour of Mauthausen Memorial with audio guides in 11 languages Transportation in comfortable vehicle with air-conditioning English-speaking tour leader
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate
- The tour concludes at the Vienna State Opera House in downtown Vienna
- Due to the nature of the visit this tour is not recommended for children aged 15 and younger
- Audioguides at Mauthausen Memorial are available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Hebrew, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Russian, Hungarian