My Guide Website?
Vienna: Educational Walk Exploring Homelessness49 Reviews
On this unique guided tour you’ll explore places relating to homelessness with a guide who was previously, or still is, homeless. Learn about the causes of homelessness, and discuss possible solutions. Engage in a conversation concerning poverty.
- Explore the complex issue of homelessness
- Hear insight guide who has experienced homelessness
- See the contrast between the splendor of Vienna and the reality of homelessness
- Reflect upon an important social issue
DescriptionExplore Vienna on this unique and eye-opening tour which delves into the issue of homelessness in the world’s most livable city. Upon meeting your guide, a formerly homeless person, you’ll explore parts of the city that pertain to homelessness. See the stark contrast between the splendor of Austria and the reality of poverty. On this atypical tour, you’ll be educated by your guide’s mix of facts and personal stories that illustrate the complexity of homelessness. Ask your guide questions about their experience. Walk the line between poverty and welfare, and discuss the causes and possible solutions to this critical socio-political issue.
- Please note that this tour is not a typical sightseeing tour: it does not provide historical information, it does not visit facilities, and does not put homeless people on display. The places visited are sites related to homelessness and have been chosen in order to explain the complex issue of homelessness.
- This tour does not visit homeless shelters or put homeless people on display.
- This 2-hour walk takes place outdoors. Please wear comfortable shoes and weatherproof clothing
- If it rains heavily, your guide will ask if you would like to continue the tour in a nearby coffee house.