My Guide Website?
Vienna: Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour27 Reviews
Discover the history, culture and architecture of Vienna on a guided walking tour. Explore the Old Town, and admire St Stephen’s Cathedral, St Peter’s Church, Imperial Treasury, and Hofburg Palace.
- Explore the highlights of Vienna Old Town with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Visit St Stephen’s Cathedral and St Peter’s Church
- Marvel at Austria’s national treasures at the Imperial Treasury
- Immerse yourself in the history, culture and traditions of Austria
- Choose the 6-hour option to visit Sisi Museum and the Imperial Apartments
DescriptionJoin an educational tour of Vienna's Old Town. See the most important landmarks and monuments and immerse yourself in the history of the Austrian capital. Discover the cultural heritage of the Hofburg Empire and fall in love with spectacular sights. Meet your guide and uncover the highlights and hidden gems of Vienna's historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage site. View the monumental Hofburg Palace complex with gardens and numerous monuments. Head to City Hall, a monolithic Neo-Gothic municipal building built. Pass by the Burgtheater with its characteristic statues and staircases painted by Gustav Klimt.Tucked away among the elegant townhouses and shops, find the 18th century St Peter’s Church (Peterskirche). Stroll to a Stephansplatz to visit St Stephen’s Cathedral. Step inside to see stunning stained glass windows, soaring pillars, Baroque high altar, impressive vaulting, colorful tiled roof, and other treasures. Pick to the 3-hour tour option to visit St. Peter’s Catholic Church, whose architecture mimics its famous namesake in Rome. Inside, be dazzled by a kaleidoscope of ornamental design with beautiful murals, paintings, and a domed roof with gilding. Learn about its architectural and artistic qualities and discover its history dating back to the beginning of the city. In addition, during the extended route, see sights, such as the Column of The Trinity and the Vienna University. Choose the 4-hour tour option to also visit the Imperial Treasury of Vienna, housed in part of the Hofburg palace complex. Inside the museum, find secular and religious treasures like the Imperial Crown, the Holy Lance, and the Order of the Golden Fleece. Select the 6-hour tour option for a full experience of Vienna's Old Town with a visit to the Hofburg Palace. Inside the former residence Habsburg emperors, explore the treasures of the Sisi Museum, the Imperial Apartments, and the Silver Collection. Marvel at the ornate Rococo-style decor and antique furniture of the 24 private and official rooms of Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife Elisabeth. View personal items of Sisi, the Empress, and a collection of silver, porcelain, and crystal tableware from Bohemia.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of Vienna Old Town with Top Attractions 5-Stars Guide with Official Vienna License speaking fluently in chosen language Entry to free parts of St. Stephen's Cathedral (all options) Entry to free parts of St. Peter’s Church (in 3, 4, 6-hour options) Regular tickets to the Imperial Treasury (in 4 and 6-hour options) Regular tickets to Hofburg Palace’s Imperial Apartments, Sisi Museum, and the Silver Collection (in 6-hour option)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Please note that St. Stephen’s Cathedral has limited sightseeing hours, so only the tours with a start time between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm (Mon-Sat) or 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Sunday) will be able to enter the church. Please bear this in mind when booking
- Please note that due to Sunday and holiday masses, sightseeing inside the churches may be limited