My Guide Website?
Vienna: Old Town Highlights Private Walking Tour55 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the history, culture, and legends of Vienna on a private tour. Discover St. Stephen's Cathedral and other highlights of the Old Town, and upgrade to a longer tour option.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take in the UNESCO-inscribed Old Town and see the Cathedral of St. Stephen
- Explore the highlights of Vienna and learn about its history from an expert
- Seize the chance to visit St. Peter’s Church on tours longer than 3 hours
- See the national treasures inside Vienna Imperial Treasury on 4 and 6-hour tours
- Skip the lines to Sisi Museum and the Imperial Apartments with the 6-hour option
DescriptionLearn the facts and legends of picturesque Vienna city on a private walking tour. You will see the best selected highlights and hidden gems. Get a great portion of knowledge from your local professional guide and enjoy the vibes of this historic city. The guide leads you through multiple alleys and parts of the city to deliver you unforgettable memories! Discover the best of Vienna’s Old Town on a 2-hour walking tour with a Private Guide. As you wander around the courtyards of the imperial Hofburg Palace, you will learn interesting facts and myths about Sisi and the House of Habsburg. You will gain insight into Vienna’s history, culture and imperial heritage of the Holy Roman Empire. Highlights include Vienna’s Gothic jewel, St. Stephen's Cathedral, which is Austria's most prominent national symbol and one of the highest cathedrals in Europe. You will also see the Column of Pest, Albertina Palace and the world famous Vienna Opera House, which welcomed notable names like Mozart, Beethoven, and Bath. Book an extended 3-hour tour to enhance your experience with a visit to St. Peter’s Catholic Church and see more highlights of the Old Town. St. Peter’s - small from outside, but rich inside. Enter with the guide and see the gorgeous interior. It delights in its murals, paintings and domed roof with lots of gilding. You will also see the magnificent Rathaus (Old Town Hall), Vienna University, and Burgtheater. Extend to 4-hours and stroll down to reach the Imperial Treasury (Kaiserliche Schatzkammer Wien). Use your skip-the-line tickets and explore one of the biggest collections of Holy Roman Empire and Austrian heritage without wasting time at the ticket line. Inside you will find the Imperial Crown, famous Holy Lance and Order of the Golden Fleece and there is more! On the way you will also see the monumental Wiener Minoritenkirche. In the 6-hour version you will enter the Hofburg Palace and discover the treasures of Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments with skip-the-line tickets. Walk inside this XIII century castle and find out long and fascinating history while walking through Imperial apartments, halls and rooms full of rich decorations, old-fashioned furniture, paintings and impressive crystals from Bohemia. This is a must-see, especially if you're interested in hearing the true story of Sisi!
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour guide St. Peter’s Church access (3, 4, and 6-hour tours only) Skip-the-line tickets to Imperial Treasury (4 and 6-hour tours only) Skip-the-line tickets to Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments in Hofburg Palace (6-hour tour only)
- Church tours during mass and special events, such as scheduled concerts, are limited. If entry is not possible, the guide will provide all information outside Skip-the-line tickets are reserved for a specific time slot, so it's important to arrive at the meeting point on time. For 4 and 6-hour tours: Due to museum regulations, 1 licensed guide can only lead a group of 1 to 15 people, so the price of the tour will be higher if you need more than 1 guide Keep in mind that, as the Silver Collection will be closed from April 1, 2023 until further notice, you will temporarily visit only the Sisi Museum and Imperial Apartments of Hofburg Palace during the 6-hour tour