My Guide Website?
Vienna: Spanish Riding School Training1821 Reviews
Visit the Spanish Riding School of Vienna and witness the training of the Lipizzaners and their riders. During the morning exercise you can observe the training of the gray colts and the fully-trained school stallions, the “white stars”.
- Discover the Spanish Riding School and its centuries-long tradition
- Gain an insight into the years of training of the Lipizzaners and their riders
- Experience the morning exercise accompanied by classical music
- Observe the different types of exercises: simple and relaxing or those aimed at refining and perfecting movement
DescriptionVisit the Spanish Riding School of Vienna and observe the horses during their training. In the magnificent setting of the baroque Winter Riding Academy, the training offers an insight into the years of training of the Lipizzaners and their riders. The morning exercise of the horses is accompanied by classical Viennese music. The Training includes relaxation exercises, refining and perfecting movement and strengthening certain muscles. The famous school jumps levade, courbette and capriole, which are shown as part of the performances by the Spanish Riding School, are not practiced on a daily basis and can only sometimes be seen during the morning exercise. The white Lipizzaner stallions are put through their paces by their riders almost every day. The primary objective of the morning exercise is to maintain the horses’ athleticism and health, as well as to build up various muscle groups that are necessary for performing the exercises of the haute école.
IncludesTicket for the training at the Spanish Riding School Pick-up and drop off
- As part of ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, seating units are between 1 - 4 guests
- Free admission for children aged 3 to 6 (must sit on an adult’s lap). Children aged 6 to 12 receive discounted admission. Unfortunately, admission is not permitted for children under the age of 3
- Photography and filming is prohibited
- The program is subject to change
- Tickets for wheelchair spaces are limited and must be reserved in writing. Please contact GetYourGuide or make a note in the designated field during the booking process
- Skip the ticket line in the morning by simply exchanging your voucher the day before at the cashier desk at the entrance Michaeler Platz(until 4:00 PM). Otherwise join the ticket queue on the day to exchange your mobile voucher for a ticket
Easy cancellationCancel up to 1 hour in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now