My Guide Website?
Vienna: Spanish Riding School Training4712 Reviews
Visit the Spanish Riding School of Vienna and witness the training of the Lipizzaners and their riders. During the morning exercise you can observe the training of the gray colts and the fully-trained school stallions, the “white stars”.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the Spanish Riding School and its centuries-long tradition
- Gain an insight into the years of training of the Lipizzaners and their riders
- Experience the morning exercise accompanied by classical music
- Observe the different types of exercises: simple and relaxing or those aimed at refining and perfecting movement
DescriptionVisit the Spanish Riding School of Vienna and observe the horses during their training. In the magnificent setting of the baroque Winter Riding Academy, the training offers an insight into the years of training of the Lipizzaners and their riders. The morning exercise of the horses is accompanied by classical Viennese music. The Training includes relaxation exercises, refining and perfecting movement, and strengthening certain muscles. The famous school jumps levade, courbette, and capriole, which are shown as part of the performances by the Spanish Riding School, are not practiced on a daily basis and can only sometimes be seen during the morning exercise. The white Lipizzaner stallions are put through their paces by their riders almost every day. The primary objective of the morning exercise is to maintain the horses’ athleticism and health, as well as to build up various muscle groups that are necessary for performing the exercises of the haute école.
IncludesTicket for the training at the Spanish Riding School
- Free admission for children aged 3 to 5 (must sit on an adult’s lap). Children aged 6 to 18 receive discounted admission. Unfortunately, admission is not permitted for children under the age of 3
- The program is subject to change