From Vienna: Half-day Countryside Wine Tour with Meal40 Reviews
Enjoy a small group, half-day long wine tasting tour near Vienna. Meet with local winemakers and taste a variety of quality Austrian wines from their wine cellars. Complete your experience with a traditional Austrian dinner at a local Heuriger.
- Visit 2 or 3 family-owned wineries in Weinviertel Wine Region, near Vienna
- Enjoy the countryside ambiance over 4 glasses of quality wine at each location (8 or 12 glasses total)
- Meet with the local winemakers, learn about their history
- Complete your experience with a traditional dinner or lunch
- Travel in small groups with your friendly, English-speaking host
DescriptionYour half-day wine tour starts with a pickup at your downtown hotel (or recommended pickup location) with an air-conditioned minibus. After the last pickup, you will start your 30-minute drive to Weinviertel wine region. En route you’ll learn about Austria's fascinating history and hear about the country’s long and rich wine tradition. After arriving in the region, you’ll visit 3 unique wineries. These small, family-owned wineries produce about 35,000 to 50,000 bottles of wine each year, mostly sold in selected restaurants and from their cellars. In the small groups, you will have the opportunity to look behind the scenes and taste 4 wines at each of the wineries. At the last stop of the winery tour, you finish the day with a classic Austrian countryside dinner so you can discuss your wine discoveries as you enjoy your meal. After the tour and meal, you’ll be transferred back to your hotel or preferred downtown drop-off point in Vienna.
IncludesHotel pickup & drop-off (only in downtown locations) English-speaking host Transportation in an air-conditioned minibus Tasting of 12 or 8 glasses of quality wine depending on option 2-course traditional Austrian dinner or lunch Snacks and finger foods during the tastings Water Small group size (up to 16) Coffee Soft drinks Gratuities (optional)
- Individual reservations are accepted, but minimum 2 guests are required in order to start the tour. You will be advised on alternative dates in case minimum numbers are not met.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability