My Guide Website?
From Vienna: Sound of Movies Musical Tour to Salzburg33 Reviews
Join a picturesque trip from Vienna to Salzburg, the city of The Sound of Music, to discover the film's shooting locations. Combine film settings with fun facts about the real Trapp family.
- Visit the hills of the von Trapp family
- Enjoy the gorgeous views of the Austrian Alps, lakes and peaks shot in the movie
- Fall in love with the Old City of Salzburg
- Learn about the real von Trapp family
- Drive into the countryside while singing your favourite songs from the film
DescriptionStart your trip in the idyllic scenery of the Austrian Alps. Visit the famous church of Mondsee, chosen by the director of The Sound of Music as an ideal location for Maria's wedding. On the way to Salzburg, take the chance to snap great pictures of the beautiful lakes and peaks. Enjoy the fresh air in the Hellbrunn Park, and see the famous Gazebo keeping the secret of Liesl's first kiss. See the Nonnberg nunnery, the oldest in Europe that became famous thanks to voice of Maria Kutschera, whose story served as inspiration for the Sound of Music movie. Take a stroll through the magnificent Mirabell Gardens, where Maria and the children danced around the Pegasus Fountain singing the song Do-re-mi. See the picturesque Hourse Pond shot in the film and Residence Square's famous Residence Fountain, the most famous fountain in the city, chosen for the I Have Confidence in Me song. Take pictures of the Summer Riding School where the von Trapp family took part in the world-famous Salzburg music festival, and enjoy the silence of the oldest cemetery in Austria at the Saint Peter's Monastery, where the von Trapp family found a secure hiding place before escaping to Italy.
IncludesHotel pick-up from Vienna central postcodes 1010 to 1090 Walking tour through Mondsee to St. Michael Church Photo pauses at Alpine lakes Visit to the Gazebo in Hellbrunn Park Walking tour with a professional guide in Salzburg Transport by air–conditioned coach or van Guided tour on the way from Vienna to Salzburg
- Infants who do not need a separate seat participate for free
- Operated by a guide in English language only
- Depending on the group size, this tour will be conducted by minivan with a driver–guide or by bus with a licensed guide
- Please note that you will cover approximately 600 kilometers by motorway over approximately 7 hours of driving with one 30-minutes stop; you will have 40 minutes in Mondsee and 3.5 hours Salzburg, with a 2–hour combined walking tour
- Hotel pickups begin at 7:15 AM
- For free hotel pick-up please provide your hotel name and address before 5 PM a day before the tour; pick up from apartments not possible