My Guide Website?
From Vienna: Sound of Movies Musical Tour to Salzburg58 Reviews
Join a picturesque trip from Vienna to Salzburg, the city of The Sound of Music, to discover the film's shooting locations. Combine film settings with fun facts about the real Trapp family.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the hills of the von Trapp family
- Enjoy the gorgeous views of the Austrian Alps, lakes and peaks shot in the movie
- Fall in love with the Old City of Salzburg
- Learn about the real von Trapp family
- Drive into the countryside while singing your favourite songs from the film
DescriptionStart your trip in the idyllic scenery of the Austrian Alps. See Alpine landscapes of lake Mondsee, chosen by the director of The Sound of Music as an ideal location for Maria's wedding. On the way to Salzburg, take the chance to snap great pictures of the beautiful lakes and peaks. See the picturesque Hourse Pond shot in the film and Residence Square's famous Residence Fountain, the most famous fountain in the city, chosen for the I Have Confidence in Me song. Take pictures of the Summer Riding School where the von Trapp family took part in the world-famous Salzburg music festival, and enjoy the silence of the oldest cemetery in Austria at the Saint Peter's Monastery, where the von Trapp family found a secure hiding place before escaping to Italy. See Nonnberg Nunnery on the hill from the outside, and enjoy witnessing the oldest nunnery in Europe which became famous thanks to the voice of Maria Kutschera, whose story served as inspiration for the Sound of Music movie. Take a stroll through the magnificent Mirabell Gardens, where Maria and the children danced around the Pegasus Fountain singing the song Do-re-mi. In the summertime, enjoy the fresh air in Hellbrunn Park, and see the famous Gazebo keeping the secret of Liesl's first kiss.
IncludesPick-up from Vienna central hotels Walking tour with a professional guide in Salzburg Visit to the Gazebo in Hellbrunn Park in summertime Visit to Leopoldskron palace in wintertime Transport by air-conditioned van Guided tour on the way from Vienna to Salzburg
- This tour covers approximately 630 kilometers by motorway. It is about a 4-hour drive in each direction with a 30-minute stop at a highway restaurant each way. You will get around 20 minutes at Mondsee lake, 3 hours in Salzburg, and 15 minutes at Hellbrunn Park.
- The tour may be operated with a multi-lingual guide in English and Russian.
- Depending on the group size, this tour will be conducted by minivan with a driver-guide or by bus with a licensed guide