My Guide Website?
Jewish Vienna: City Synagogue Guided Tour48 Reviews
Explore the rich history of Vienna's Jewish community on our Stadttempel tour. Witness this historic landmark and experience its significance in WWII. Join us for a unique and historical journey.
- Get in touch with active members of the City's Synagogue
- Find out more about Judaism, praying habits and Jewish holidays
- Discover Vienna's main synagogue, Stadttempel
- Discover its significance in WWII
DescriptionDiscover the rich history and cultural significance of Vienna's Stadttempel synagogue, the city's main synagogue. Built in 1826 with the Emperor's permission, this landmark was designed by renowned architect Joseph Kornhäusel. Experience the synagogue's pivotal role in WWII, as the only synagogue in Vienna to survive the Novemberpogrom of 1938. On our exclusive one-hour tour, you will gain unparalleled access to the inside of the synagogue, guided by our expert tour guides who are deeply connected to Vienna's Jewish community. Immerse yourself in the vibrant history and culture of the city and have an unforgettable experience.
IncludesCity Synagogue entry fee Guided tour Tour guide
- A mandatory security check before entering the Synagogue will be held, using your personal ID-Card or passport and a walk through the metal detector gates.
- Please inform the security control staff, if you are wearing a cardiac pacemaker. In such a case, you will not need to pass through the metal detector gates but will undergo a manual check. Please plan ahead sometime before the visit for the security check.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€20.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today