My Guide Website?
Vienna and the Holocaust: A Self-Guided Audio Tour22 Reviews
Go on a walking tour in Vienna and discover its history with the help of audio on this walking tour. Experience the magic of GPS playback as you stroll through Vienna and hear about the Holocaust.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Vienna: Melk, Hallstatt and Salzburg Private Tour
- From Vienna: Full Day Trip to Hallstatt and Salzkammergut
- Vienna: Ghosts and Legends Guided Nighttime Walking Tour
- Vienna: Budapest Day Trip
- Vienna: Sightseeing Boat Tour with Lunch
- Trace the history of Viennese jews and follow in Simon Wiesenthal footsteps
- Hear from producers Raymond and Krista White, world-travelling diplomats
- Do it all in 90 minutes or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionThis walking tour is an essential introduction to Vienna’s role in the Holocaust. It tells the story of Viennese Jews throughout the city’s history, with a focus on the Holocaust and the post-war years when justice was being sought. If you like overlooked history, forgotten stories, and off-the beaten path places, this walk through the center of Vienna will be right up your alley (and we’ll be wandering down a few of those too!) We’ll explore locations with links to Jewish Vienna that aren’t often found on tourist maps. Along the way, you’ll learn about Simon Wiesenthal, the greatest ‘Nazi hunter’ of all time, and how many of his efforts eventually led to justice. You can look forward to hearing about: • Jewish Vienna’s history, and Austria’s role in the Holocaust • The original site of the Gestapo headquarters • Stadt Temple • “The Nameless Library”, the central memorial for Austrian victims of the Holocaust • Leopoldstadt, Vienna’s thriving Jewish community • The O5 headquarters, the most prominent pro-Austrian resistance group Whether it’s your first time in Vienna or you’re a curious history buff eager to uncover the city’s hidden corners, this 90-minute walk will keep you captivated and have you yearning for more intriguing tales.
IncludesVoiceMap App for Android and iOS Lifetime access to this tour in English Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- You need to install the VoiceMap smartphone app.
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
- This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
- When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
- This tour is only available in English.