My Guide Website?
Vienna: Guided Kayaking Tour26 Reviews
Enjoy kayaking on the waters of the Old Danube. Explore its undiscovered recreational heart, its emerging skyline, and discover the heart of 'new' Vienna.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a guided paddling tour of Vienna's beautiful and quaint Old Danube
- Learn all about how Vienna has become a truly global city as you paddle past the United Nations
- Live like a local by visiting Viennese favorites such as the island of Gänsehäufel
- Choose between a shared group or private tour
DescriptionDiscover the most quaint part of Vienna, the Alte Donau; a lakeside village which was cut off from the main channel of the Danube in 1870. This is where nocturnal beavers now roam in a section of the river. See how Vienna maintains its long-established reputation as a center for diplomacy, politics, and international relations as you paddle past the United Nations, along with several of the city’s other most important contemporary buildings. This view of the city is later contrasted with the cute lakeside huts which adorn the water’s edge to give vibrant bursts of color to the lakeshore. You will most likely be sharing the water with local rowers, the odd fisherman, and plenty of swans and ducks along the way. The Alte Donau is a watery oasis in the middle of the city, perfectly designed for further investigation via kayak. If it's hot, you can also take a break for a swim in the clean lake waters while making new friends, getting some sunshine, and being active. You'll also get loads of tips from the guide if you want to keep investigating ‘new’ Vienna for a bit longer. You could grab lunch or a cocktail at Vienna’s self-styled ‘Copa Beach’, swim off one of the island’s riverside pontoons, visit the Danube Tower with its 360° views over Vienna’s skyline, or explore the charming Danube Park, all within walking distance from the end point.
IncludesSingle or double kayaks RLSS certified guide 10 litre dry storage bag Waterproof phone cases PFDs & kayak specific life vests
- • You may stop for a swim in the Old Danube along the way, so swimming gear is recommended • Tours will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain and/or thunderstorms and the tour itinerary may be amended on days with strong winds • All participants must be able to swim • The activity is a gentle paddle and is suitable for most people with a reasonable level of fitness, but please note that in windier conditions the level of physical exertion required does increase
- Minimum age is 6. Children aged 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of three participants to take place