My Guide Website?
Vienna: Romantic Old Town 2-Hour Discovery Tour642 Reviews
Experience a journey of discovery through the romantic old town of Vienna with picturesque squares, hidden courtyards, legends, and personalities from the Hoher Markt to the Greek Quarter and the old university district.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Vienna: Melk, Hallstatt and Salzburg Private Tour
- From Vienna: Full Day Trip to Hallstatt and Salzkammergut
- Vienna: Ghosts and Legends Guided Nighttime Walking Tour
- Vienna: Budapest Day Trip
- Vienna: Sightseeing Boat Tour with Lunch
- Experience a fantastic tour through the old town of Vienna
- Discover the different facets of the diverse city
- Learn all about the architectural diversity, the Greek Quarter, and the university district
DescriptionThis tour takes you on a discovery of the different sides to Vienna. You professional tour guide will focus on a total of 6 different topics from the past and present, allowing you to quickly see how the city has so much more to offer than just the famous attractions. 1. Romans, Jews, and traders The Hoher Markt is a place that has attracted power-conscious politicians and architects or tradesmen throughout the centuries. The classic sights here include the oldest building in Vienna, the first public waterworks of the city, and the famous Anchor Clock, which has a few surprises for you. 2. Greek Quarter This hectic neighborhood located at the innermost arm of the Danube River has been shaped by centuries of trading. The Turks fought here and the Greeks prepared their fight for independence here. Traces of history can be found in every corner. 3. Architectural diversity All kinds of architectural styles can be found in Vienna’s old town from Gothic residential towers to medieval paving, back courtyards from the Renaissance, Baroque city palaces, whole rows of houses from the Rococo period, and magnificent Gründerzeit houses to elegant Art Nouveau houses. 4. Myths and legends Many stories and legends are associated with the rich and colorful history of the city. Time and time again people have tried to explain their existence with legends. Legends and reality sometimes differ from one another. Animals place an important role in this mythology, and they can be seen as ornaments on the facades and fountains in the city. 5. Old university quarter Sealed off from traffic, the Jesuit quarter is located in the center of the old town. By the fountain in the square, you can take a look into the interior of the Jesuit Church, a treasure trove of Baroque exuberance, a demonstration of church power, and an example of the rivalry between painters and architects within Vienna. 6. Narrow streets and back courtyards Many of the city’s streets are winding, narrow, and anything but straight. Just the thought of the hygienic conditions in the Middle Ages stimulates the imagination of how everyday life used to be like here. Even opening a window will take ones breath away.
- Please contact the tour operator if you would like to book the tour in another language.
- The following languages are available for group tours: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and Korean.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.