My Guide Website?
Vienna: Tickets to Haus der Musik121 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the history of Viennese Classical music and the science of sounds at the interactive museum in the heart of the city of music. Learn everything about Mozart, Strauss and Beethoven and playfully experience music and sound phenomena.
- Immerse yourself in the history of music of Vienna
- Learn everything about the great composers Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, Mahler and Schönberg
- Test your talent as a conductor and face the world famous Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Listen to the Vienna Philharmonics´ New Year´s Concert in HD quality
- Take an acoustic journey into the science of sounds with interactive displays & instruments
- Hear your name as an original Mozart composition
- Compose your own waltz with a throw of the dice
DescriptionHaus der Musik is a modern interactive experimental museum right in the heart of Vienna. It was here in the former Palais of Archduke Charles, where Otto Nicolai, the founder of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, resided when he established the world famous orchestra in 1842. Today visitors can marvel at precious documents and mementos from the orchestra’s history at the Museum of the Vienna Philharmonic. Further four floors are dedicated to the presentation of the fascinating world of music and sound: compose your own waltz with a throw of the dice, test your talent as a conductor and face the Vienna Philharmonic orchestra or experiment yourself with sound, noises and instruments. You can also hear your name as an original Mozart composition with the interactive Namadeus Game. Take a journey through time into the world of the great masters of the Wiener Klassik: Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, Mahler and Schönberg- all of them are introduced in their contemporary environment on the history level through historic documents, models, costumes, modern installations and personal items. In addition to the permanent exhibition, Haus der Musik presents temporary exhibitions at the inner court yard that focus on famous musicians or special music-historical themes like the era of Viennese Modernism.
IncludesAdmission App guide to download on your own smartphone in 8 languages and children´s app in 2 languages Map of the museum Coat check
- Free admission for children under the age of 3
- Free admission for persons accompanying visitors with a visual impairment or in a wheelchair. Guide dogs are permitted. Wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities are located in the inner courtyard and on the top floor
- Wheelchair accessible: step-free access at the main and side entrances, automatic sliding doors, and wheelchair-accessible elevators are available
- Free floor plans are available in the same languages at the ticket office
- Free e-guide for smartphones in 8 languages available Food and drinks are not included