Best Swimming in Summer in Prater Area
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Vienna team
Vienna is well known for its hot summers and its easy access to pools, rivers and lakes to cool off. The local pools are really attractive, so are the many dedicated places along the Danube channel (Donauinsel) - you cool off while enjoying nature!
Public Swimming Pools are very popular in Vienna, especially the outdoor venues in summer. Most of them are owned by the city of Vienna, are very well maintained and enjoy a very good standard. Virtually every swimming pool in Vienna includes several pools of different sizes and temperatures, often including a separate toddlers' pool as well.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Vienna: Melk, Hallstatt and Salzburg Private Tour
- From Vienna: Full Day Trip to Hallstatt and Salzkammergut
- Vienna: Ghosts and Legends Guided Nighttime Walking Tour
- Vienna: Budapest Day Trip
- Vienna: Sightseeing Boat Tour with Lunch