Tickets to Haus der Musik
Are you a business owner in Vienna?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Vienna.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Immerse yourself in the history of music of Vienna
- Learn everything about the great composers Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, Mahler and Schönberg
- Test your talent as a conductor and face the world famous Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Listen to the Vienna Philharmonics´ New Year´s Concert in HD quality
- Take an acoustic journey into the science of sounds with interactive displays & instruments
- Hear your name as an original Mozart composition
- Compose your own waltz with a throw of the dice
DescriptionHaus der Musik is a modern interactive experimental museum right in the heart of Vienna. It was here in the former Palais of Archduke Charles, where Otto Nicolai, the founder of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, resided when he established the world famous orchestra in 1842. Today visitors can marvel at precious documents and mementos from the orchestra’s history at the Museum of the Vienna Philharmonic. Further four floors are dedicated to the presentation of the fascinating world of music and sound: compose your own waltz with a throw of the dice, test your talent as a conductor and face the Vienna Philharmonic orchestra or experiment yourself with sound, noises and instruments. You can also hear your name as an original Mozart composition with the interactive Namadeus Game. Take a journey through time into the world of the great masters of the Wiener Klassik: Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, Mahler and Schönberg- all of them are introduced in their contemporary environment on the history level through historic documents, models, costumes, modern installations and personal items. In addition to the permanent exhibition, Haus der Musik presents temporary exhibitions at the inner court yard that focus on famous musicians or special music-historical themes like the era of Viennese Modernism.
IncludesAdmission App guide to download on your own smartphone in 8 languages and children´s app in 2 languages Map of the museum Coat check Namadeus certificate Transfers Food and drinks
- Please note: Opening times: daily 10:00 to 22:00 Last admission is at 21:30 Free admission for children under the age of 3. Free floor plans are available in the same languages at the ticket office. Wheelchair accessible: step-free access at the main and side entrances, automatic sliding doors, and wheelchair-accessible elevators are available. Free admission for persons accompanying visitors with a visual impairment or in a wheelchair. Guide dogs are permitted. Wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities are located in the inner courtyard and on the top floor.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Skip-the-Line Schoenbrunn Palace and Vienna Highlights Tour
Get a profound insight into Vienna's history, art and lifestyle while being chauffeured to the main sights in a private car. Private tour of Schoenbrunn Palace included.From €538.50
Concert by the Vienna Baroque Orchestra
Have an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful concert halls in Vienna. Inside this incredible setting, you can enjoy listening to first-class musicians inFrom €44.00
From Full-Day Kickbike Tour through Wachau
Embark on this 8-hour small group biking tour through Wachau (max. 7 people). Accompanied by a professional guide, glide over hilltops and roads of the UNESCO World Herit1 ReviewsFrom €999.00
Walking Tour: Vienna at First Glance
Enjoy a compact tour of central Vienna and see the city's highlights. Admire the Hofburg and see where Mozart lived.409 ReviewsFrom €17.00
Dom Museum Wien Admission
Visit Dom Museum Wien in Vienna, where the historic treasures of St. Stephen’s Cathedral meet modern and contemporary art. The painting of Hapsburg Duke Rudolf IV, theFrom €8.00
Cafe LeopoldMuseum-Quarter-Area, Vienna
This Cafe is located in the middle of the Museumsquartier area and sees artists and young people as its customers................
Schmetterlinghaus (Butterfly House)Inner-City, Vienna
The Schmetterlinghaus is a small conservatory that even the littlest in your group will enjoy. As you walk through be ready for butterflies of all colours to land on you
Slovenia Day Trip From Vienna Including Ljubljana and Bled
In the heart of Europe, where the Alps meet the Mediterranean, there is Slovenia. Visit the capital city of Ljubljana and, the tourist must-see, Bled on this full day tri1 ReviewsFrom €270.00
Classical concert & 2-day sightseeing
Everyone knows that Vienna embodies the classical music of its composers and the unique architecture which reflects its rich history.From €74.00
Private Car Tour: Vienna to Budapest and Back
Enjoy a trip to Budapest in the comfort of an air-conditioned, private vehicle. Relax on your Vienna to Budapest transfer with your driver and guide who will convenientlyFrom €725.00