Best Museums in Main University Area
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Vienna team
You will soon realise that there is a very big number of museums in Vienna - a lot more than anyone could expect from a capital of a country with a mere 8 million population. Be aware that most of them are closed on Mondays! The top ones are listed:
Vienna has over 100 museums! Mostly due to the role that Vienna has played as the site of residence for the Habsburg Emperors, and the nobility and clergy they have attracted. However, this tradition continues and even today, the museum collections are constantly extended and kept up-to-date. Check out the local museum website or our event section.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Vienna: Boat Cruise on the Danube Canal with Optional Lunch
- Vienna PASS: 1, 2, 3, or 6 Days of Sightseeing
- Vienna: Full-Day Vienna Woods Wine Tasting Tour
- Vienna: Ghosts and Legends Guided Nighttime Walking Tour
- Vienna: Tickets for Mozarthaus Vienna with Audio Guide