Vienna: 1.5-Hour Underground Walking Tour155 Reviews
Experience the underworld of Vienna on his exciting 1.5-hour walking tour. Discover the archaeological excavations at Michaelerplatz and the crypt of St. Michael's Church. Immerse yourself in the interesting history of the city.
- Discover the medieval archeological excavation with an underground tour of Vienna
- Visit the Baroque crypt of St. Michael's Church with well-preserved mummies of prominent Viennese citizens
- See the archeological site at Michaelerplatz in the center of the city
DescriptionExplore the mysterious underworld of Vienna on this exciting walking tour. Experience the diverse and eventful history of the city with a professional tour guide. You begin the tour at Michaelerplatz, where you can feel the city's 2,000 -year history. Building work exposed part of the old Roman city. A cellar from the 17th century and part of the old city wall can also be found here. Nearby you will find St. Michael’s Church, which has more than 4,000 people buried in its crypt. See the wonderfully preserved mummies of rich and notable figures. You will then be guided through a few more basements.
IncludesEntrance fees Transfers Food and drinks
- Please be advised that this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- If you would like to book a group tour for 15 or more people, please provide your contact information so we can find another day or time for you, as there are different criteria for group tours than for individual guests
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY