Vienna: Private Walking Tour25 Reviews
Discover Vienna on a private walking tour with a state licensed professional guide. Dive in for 1-4 hours of city history and learn more about the Roman, Habsburg and Jewish people in Vienna.
- Experience a private tour just for you and your friends, family, or colleagues
- Walk past the famous buildings and monuments in Vienna
- Learn more about the history, architecture, culture, and people of Vienna
- See Michaelerplatz, the Hofburg Palace, Heldenplatz, and Josefsplatz
- Admire the National Library, the Albertina, the State Opera, Neuer Markt, and the Imperial Crypt
- Stroll to Franziskanerplatz, the Blutgasse, the Heiligenkreuzerhof, the old university district, and Judenplatz
DescriptionChoose a tour of Vienna with a duration of 1 to 4 hours and learn more about its history, architecture, culture, and people. Get to know Vienna from a different perspective and stroll through the narrow streets and magnificent boulevards to famous buildings and monuments with your certified tour guide. You can decide which of Vienna's highlights you want to see. For example, you can visit Michaelerplatz with its Roman and medieval excavations and see the interior of St. Michael’s Church. Admire the treasures of the Hofburg Palace and listen to true stories about Empress Sisi. Stroll across Heldenplatz and hear stories about the Austrian heroes. Listen to stories about Josef II at Josefsplatz and learn more about the National Library, the Spanish Riding School, the Augustinian Church, and the Habsburgs. Walk past the Albertina, home to the largest graphic collection in the world, and see the Monument Against War and Fascism. Find out why the architect of the State Opera committed suicide, where Sachertorte was invented, and which building previously stood on the grounds of Hotel Sacher. At Neuer Markt you can discover the strange Imperial Crypt burial rituals of the Habsburgs and learn where Mozart died. Hear about the importance of the house at Franziskanerplatz and explore Blutgasse to experience how the people of Vienna used to live and how they live today. Listen to the legends of St. Stephan, visit Figlmüller with the famous Wiener Schnitzel, and explore the old university district. Admire the magnificent Baroque church of the Jesuits, discover the city walks, and explore the Greek quarter. Discover Vienna’s oldest church, St. Rupert's Church, and immerse yourself in the eventful history of the Romans and Jews in Vienna. Hear anecdotes about King Richard the Lionheart as you walk past the beautiful Baroque Pestsäule on the Graben before reaching Kohlmarkt with the Demel pastry shop. You can then enjoy a stroll back to the starting point.
IncludesState licensed local tour guide Tour in German or English Entrance fees Personal expenses Tours in other languages
- Please note: Tours take place in all weather conditions and are held in English or German. The tour can be booked at other times. Please state an alternative time when booking if desired.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability