My Guide Website?
Vienna: Wachau Valley Private Kayak and Wine Tour
See the rolling hills, ancient castles, picture-postcard villages, and steeply terraced vineyards of the Wachau Valley on a private kayaking tour and wine tasting with an Austrian wine expert.
- Feast your eyes on the incredible beauty of the Wachau during a guided kayak
- Taste the specialities of the valley, including Riesling and Gruner Veltliner
- Enjoy epic natural landscapes, medieval ruins, vineyards, and pretty villages
- Take a tour entirely at your group's pace with a dedicated guide and wine expert
- Climb the ruins of Durnstein castle or explore the village’s old world charm
DescriptionExplore the natural beauty of Wachau Valley as you travel by kayak along the Danube on a private tour. See the incredible scenery, enjoy a delicious tasting of local wine, explore picturesque Durnstein, have a tasty lunch, and more. Meet at the main entrance of Vienna’s Westbahnhof railway station before a one-hour train journey to Melk, home of the world-famous baroque abbey, or meet there directly. Once there, prepare the kayaks and receive a safety briefing. It’s then time to travel by kayak along the Western Wachau, where the hills are carpeted in trees with castles and palaces sitting atop many of the valley’s highest peaks. You’ll be in awe of the valley’s natural beauty from your position in the heart of the Danube. The charming village of Spitz, approximately halfway through the valley, marks the beginning of the wine region. Noted for its dry Rieslings, Austria’s signature Gruner Veltliner, and the wonderfully unique and earthy Neuburger, visit one of the town’s finest local producers for an extensive tasting, before lunch (own expense) in a local hamlet. After this, paddle further east and see the steep valley landscape transform into visually stunning rows of dry stone walls and vines, separated into hundreds of individual vineyard plots. End the journey in picturesque Durnstein, the gem of the valley. You can climb the famous castle ruins or wander through the village, taking in its old-world medieval charm. After a full day of activity, arrive back in Vienna around 7 PM, although the precise time of arrival will depend on our progress over the course of the day – you won’t want to rush through the beautiful nature.
IncludesKayaks Dry storage equipment Lifevest Waterproof phone cases Wine tasting Return transport to the valley English-speaking kayak guide and wine expert
- All participants require previous kayaking experience to take part in this tour You may want to bring a small day pack with some snacks/water for before and after lunch Tour will be canceled in poor weather conditions