Best Austrian Regional Restaurants in Main Shopping Area
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Vienna team
Regional Austrian cuisine is seasonal, fresh, simple and delicious. From "Knödel" to "Schnitzel", it's just plain good. It tends to be a little on the heartier side, but during the cold winter months it's exactly what the doctor ordered.
There are a lot of pork dishes, but there's also chicken, beef and lots of wild game to be tested. Fruits and vegetables are seasonal and some of the freshest and best around, and they have a huge variety of salads to showcase them all (don't miss out on pumkinseedoil!).
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Vienna: Ghosts and Legends Guided Nighttime Walking Tour
- Vienna: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Introducing Vienna Part 2: Courtyards & Mysterious Places
- From Vienna: Full-Day Trip to Prague
- Vienna: Day Trip to Mauthausen Concentration Camp Memorial