Best Winter Sports in Vienna
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Vienna team
Winters in Vienna are cold and crispy. There are plenty of Ice skating rinks in town - the most beautiful one just in front of the Wiener Rathaus (city hall). It is also very possible to arrange a day of skiing from Vienna - the slopes are very near!
The nearest skiing station is called Semmering, approximately 1 hours drive south of the city. Skies can be rented right there and all facilities to spend a nice day on the slopes are provided for by the excellent and well known winter sport infrastructure Austria is so well known for.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Vienna: Boat Cruise on the Danube Canal with Optional Lunch
- Vienna PASS: 1, 2, 3, or 6 Days of Sightseeing
- Vienna: Full-Day Vienna Woods Wine Tasting Tour
- Vienna: Ghosts and Legends Guided Nighttime Walking Tour
- Vienna: Tickets for Mozarthaus Vienna with Audio Guide