Public Airport Transfers
The Vienna International Airport lies about 16 km south east of Vienna in Schwechat. The city center can be reached quickly and comfortably by taxi or by public transport - check also our section about the Vienna Discount Card!
The following public services run between several destinations in the city center, the main railway stations and the airport. Take a look at your best options:
1.THE TRAIN (best and fastest option)
The CAT Train operates between the airport and Wien Mitte/Landstraße train station. The travel time is 16 minutes and it operates from 5.30 am till midnight (frequency: every 30 minutes). The rates vary depending on where and how you buy the tickets:
One way: €10.00, online rate: €9.00, Return: €18.00, online rate: €16.00. The City Airport Train is cheaper with the Vienna-Card: One way: €9.00, online rate: €8.00, Return: €16.00, online rate: €15.00. Children up to 14 yrs travel on the CAT free of charge! Passengers can complete check-in and receive their boarding passes for many flights at Wien Mitte train station. You can buy your CAT ticket online, at ticket machines and at tourist information at the airport.
The "Express Train S7" (less comfortable, slower)
This train operates between the airport and Wien Mitte/Landstrasse train station - be aware that this is no direct train! The travel time is approx. 26 minutes, and the frequency is every 30 minutes. The operating hours are from 5 am to midnight. All train timetables for all stations are available at www.oebb.at.
One way tickets: €3.60 in advance and at ticket machines. Note: Every passenger needs two tickets of €1.80 each. Validate both tickets before boarding! One way tickets can be purchased at the tourist information stand at the airport and at ticket machines in Vienna and at the airport. With the Vienna-Card you only need to buy one additional ticket for €1.80 in advance.
a) Destination: City center (travel time 20 min)
- From Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz - to Vienna Airport: Daily 0.30 am; 2.00 am; from 4.00 am to 11.30 pm - every 30 minutes.
- From Vienna Airport - to Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz: Daily 1.20 am; 2.50 am; every 30 minutes from 4.50 am to 0.20 am
b) Destination: Westbahnhof and Vienna Meidling Train Station
- From Westbahnhof - to Vienna Airport: Daily every 30 minutes, from 5.00 am - 11.00 pm. (travel time 45 min)
- From Vienna Meidling Station - to Vienna Airport: Daily every 30 minutes from 5.15 am - 11.15 pm (travel time 30 min)
- From Vienna Airport via Vienna Meidling Train Station to Westbahnhof: Daily every 30 minutes from 6 am - 11.59 pm (travel time 45 min)
c) Destination: Kaisermühlen District (Vienna International Centre VIC) - Kagran (travel time from 17 to 42 min)
- From Kagran - to Vienna Airport: Daily, hourly from 5.58 am - 6.58 pm
- From Vienna Airport - to Kagran: Daily, hourly from 7.10 am - 8.10 pm
Rates of the Vienna Airport Lines: One way: €7.00; Vienna-Card holders: €6; Children up to 15 years: €3.50; Children up to 6 years: free. You can purchase bus tickets from tourist information booth at the airport and on-board the buses.
- From Bratislava Central Station to Vienna Südbahnhof (Ostbahn)
- Daily, mostly hourly from 5.46 am - 10.46 pm
- Online timetables: www.oebb.at
- Travel time: about 1 hr 15 minutes
- Bus line 61 plies the route from Bratislava Airport to the Central Station every 15-20 minutes from 5.00 am to 11.00 pm
- ÖBB Post Bus: from Bratislava bus terminal at Mlynske Nivy or Bratislava airport via Vienna International Airport to Vienna Südtirolerplatz (U1)
- Daily from 5.30 am to 8.00 pm
- Travel time: about 1.5 hrs
- Advance reservations required
- Eurolines: from Bratislava Novy Most Center and Bratislava airport via Vienna International Airport to Vienna Erdberg (U3)
- Daily from 4.30 am to 10.45 pm
- Travel time: about 1 hr 20 minutes
- Advance reservations required
Some airlines offer a shuttle service from Bratislava airport to Vienna. Please make inquiries about this with the airlines flying to Bratislava.