Beethoven Walk - Kahlenberg, Nussdorf, Heiligenstadt1 Reviews
Follow in the the footsteps of Beethoven on a guided tour through Vienna's vineyards. See where Beethoven spent his summers, admire Vienna from the top of the Nussberg, and taste some of the local white wines. End at a Heurigen where you can have dinner.
- Enjoy stunning views of Vienna and the Danube from the top of Nussberg
- Discover where Beethoven spent his summers
- Look at the Heiligenstadt Testament, which records Beethoven's resolution to continue living for his art
- Enjoy delicious wines at a winegrower's cottage
- Sample a typical Vintager's dinner in an authentic Heurigen wine tavern
DescriptionFollow in the footsteps of Beethoven on this 4-hour guided tour of Vienna's vineyards, and discover where the composer spent his summers. Traveling by public transport, admire Vienna from the top of the Nussberg, and enjoy a delicious wine with dinner. You will climb the vine-clad hills of suburban Nussdorf, where you will be rewarded with some of the most stunning vistas of Vienna and the blue of the Danube River. See where Riesling and Veltliner grapes grow, and take a sip of their bounties. Beethoven spent his summers in Vienna’s wine region while he was working on his 2nd Symphony, the Eroica, the Pastorale and his famous 9th. On the advice of his doctor, he lived in Heiligenstadt in the latter half of 1802 in an attempt to come to terms with his loss of hearing. While there he wrote his Heiligenstadt Testament, recording his resolution to continue living for - and through - his art. You will see 3 of his summer domiciles, and go to a typical winegrower’s cottage. Depending on the season and weather, plan for a 2-hour walk across hilly terrain, interrupted with a short wine tasting tour. Visit Beethoven’s Heiligenstadt cottage, and end at one of the best Heurigen (wine taverns) in town for an authentic and informal Vintager's dinner (dinner not included).
IncludesGuide Public transport (up to EUR 4,40) Wine tasting Vintager's snack or dinner
- This tour departs only in the afternoon, at 2 PM/2:30 PM/3 PM, depending on the season
- Your guide is available for 4 hours
- Bring comfortable walking shoes, and dress leisurely
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability