My Guide Website?
Vienna: Guided tour of Fischer von Erlach's stables
The architect Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach designed today's MuseumsQuartier Wien for 600 horses as the k. & k. Court Stables. The tour opens up a new perspective on the former stables.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vienna:If youʻre booking your trip to Vienna last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Follow in the footsteps of the MuseumsQuartier Wien during the Baroque period
- Get to know the architect Fischer von Erlach and his court stables
- Find out more about the noble Lippizaner and Kladruber horse breeds
- Discover the architectural influence of Franz Joseph I & Sisi
DescriptionThe famous baroque architect Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach designed today's MuseumsQuartier as imperial stables for around 600 horses and 200 carriages. The tour gives you a new perspective on the former city of horses. Following in the footsteps of the noble Lippizaner and Kladruber horses, we look at horses and horsemanship in the Baroque period, carriage transportation and courtly life and work. Discover the development of an architectural jewel over the course of 300 years.
- This tour will take place rain or shine (Umbrellas will be provided free of charge).