My Guide Website?
Vienna: Wieden District Walking Food Tour
Discover the oldest suburb of Vienna on a guided trip and see why locals are proud to call it home. Try the original food modern Wieden has to offer, such as vegetarian slow food and delicious tacos.
- Taste the many flavors of local Wieden gastronomy, from Brazilian food to tacos.
- Enjoy a comprehensive walk through Vienna's 4th district to discover its history
- Learn how the Wieden developed from the oldest suburb of Vienna to a student hub
- Find out where Mozart´s famous opera “The Magic Flute” premiered in 1791
- Experience an exciting fusion of old and modern by touring this vibrant area
DescriptionEmbark on a discovery visit through this ancient area of Vienna and its current modern lifestyle. Try some delicious local food and allow your tour guide to let you in on the stories of Wieden's most remarkable sites, such as the place where Mozart's 'The Magic Flute' premiered in 1791. Walk the historic streets of Wieden and find out what the architect Otto Wagner meant when he said 'Karlsplatz is not a square, but an area', as well as which famous musicians lived and worked in the area, what a “freihaus” is, and why Wieden has lost none of its popularity to this day. Beyond your cultural discovery, take some time to taste some of the area's culinary highlights, such as Brazilian street food, original vegetarian slow food, amazing tacos, and delicious sweets in a unique cafe that also offers handcrafted designs by small Austrian brands.
IncludesState certified tour guide 5-6 food tastings in different restaurants
- This activity will take place rain or shine The walking distance is about 3 kilometers. Make sure you're able to walk this far The tour does not end where it starts